("Quid coniuratio est?")
I received the following from a CN reader who wishes to remain anonymous. What I plan to do is post the entire document over a period of time, most likely in weekly installments. Here is part 4.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
THE INVISIBLE SECOND RUNG OF GOVERNMENT
An Investigation and Discussion of that Part of the United States Government Which We Did Not Elect, Which Is Not Accountable, Which Is Unconstitutional, Which Is Engaged In Unlawful and Unconstitutional Activity, and Then Hides Behind the National Security Act of 1947
PART I :
CITATION AND SUMMARY OF SOURCES
14. Woodward, Bob, Veil: The Secret Wars of the CIA 1981-1987, New York, New York, Simon & Schuster, 1988. Woodward is an award- winning investigative journalist. Summary: Documents CIA involvement in foreign countries, murder, coups, propaganda, disinformation, unconstitutionally fixing foreign policy, and all the foregoing is covered up to the American people.
15. Marchetti, Victor, and Marks, John, The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence, New York, New York, Dell Publishing, 1974/1989. Marchetti is a former CIA Senior official. Marks is a former State Department Intelligence Expert. Summary: Documents CIA involvement in foreign countries, murder, coups, propaganda, disinformation, assassination, unconstitutionally fixing foreign policy, and all the foregoing covered up to the American people. "Scandals like the Iran/Contra affair are not the exception but the rule." Criticism is made of the fact that the CIA has a multi-billion dollar annual budget in order to defend our national security, but is instead jeopardizing it.
The majority of the original text of this book was censored by the CIA when it was originally published. Due to the Freedom of Information Act, successful litigation, and the increasing pressure from the public, each successive publication of this book contains progressively more of the originally censored material. Each successive publication has the new material printed in a different font. By comparing all these different fonts, the reader gets a rare glimpse into the CIA's progressive misuse of the "top secret" label to hide their illegalities, their embarrassing mistakes, their abuses of power, and their violations of the constitution.
"The cult is intent upon conducting the foreign affairs of the U.S. government without the awareness or participation of the people. It recognizes no role for a questioning legislature or an investigative press. Its adherents believe that only they have the right and the obligation to decide what is necessary to satisfy the national needs. Although it pursues outmoded international policies and unattainable ends, the cult of intelligence demands that it not be held accountable for its actions by the people it professes to serve. It is a privileged, as well as secret, charge. In their minds, those who belong to the cult of intelligence have been ordained, and their service is immune from public scrutiny."
"The 'clandestine mentality' is a mind-set that thrives on secrecy and deception. It encourages professional amorality - the belief that righteous goals can be achieved through the use of unprincipled and normally unacceptable means. Thus, the cult's leaders must tenaciously guard their official actions from public view. To do otherwise would restrict their ability to act independently; it would permit the American people to pass judgment on not only the utility of their policies, but the ethics of those policies as well. With the cooperation of an acquiescent, ill-informed Congress, and the encouragement and assistance of a series of Presidents, the cult has built a wall of laws and executive orders around the CIA and itself, a wall that has blocked effective public scrutiny."
16. Pizzo, Stephen, Fricker, Mary, and Muolo, Paul, Inside Job, New York, New York, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, 1989. Pizzo is the West Coast correspondent for the National Thrift News. Fricker is an editorial writer for The Santa Rosa Press Democrat. Muolo is an editor of the National Thrift News. Summary: Despite the fact that the authors began this project as seasoned reporters, they "were not prepared for the depth of corruption and the pervasiveness of white-collar crime...." For "every same we chronicled we left a hundred out. For every connection we made between key players, organized crime figures and thrifts, we had to leave dozens out."
"Over a period of seven years, a greedy network of swindlers, mobsters, S & L executives, and con men have capitalized on regulatory weaknesses created by deregulation and have thoroughly fleeced the thrift industry."
The "financial hit-and-run fraternity" included a "Mafia stockbroker" and a "casino owner and former attorney to Jimmy Hoffa....[T]hese financial rogues were given free rein to loot America's vaults, few of whom "will have to repay what they took, or spend even a day in jail."
Prominent politicians were aware well ahead of time that the S & Ls were in trouble. Due to "major campaign contributions from crooked thrift owners," a decision was made to allow the damage to continue until the multi-billion dollar tab would be so huge that only the U.S. taxpayers could afford to pay it. These prominent politicians played an obstructionist role in the S & L scandal. "Amazingly, while the $200 [to $300] billion S & L repair bill remains unpaid, Congress marches blindly on toward radical bank deregulation. Only by forcing Washington to face up to what has really happened to the thrift industry can an even larger catastrophe in the banking industry be averted."
An FBI agent told the authors, "'When I looked at the banks that closed between 1984 and 1987, in many of them I found people I knew, the same S & L crowd I'm investigating from the failed thrifts....' Attorneys at private law firms who worked for both the FDIC and the FSLIC told us the same story." There are 3,200 S & Ls in the U.S.
[Another researcher into the S & L scandal, Dave Emory, says there is evidence that indicates the estimates of bail out has cost anywhere between $500 billion to $1.4 trillion. As an indicator of just how much money that is, in terms of updated dollars, today World War II would cost $240 billion.]
17. Weiner, Tim, Blank Check, New York, New York, Warner Books, 1991. Weiner is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter. Summary: Documents his methodology, analysis, and conclusion that four out of every ten IRS dollars is spent on the black budget. Cites one attorney's private efforts at his own personal expense to sue on the grounds that this is clearly unconstitutional. Constitutionally, there is supposed to be a public accounting from time to time of all receipts accounting for how the government spends its money, because this is the only way the people will know who and what to vote for or against. The Supreme Court refused to hear the case because it might endanger national security.
18. Livingstone, Harrison Edward, Killing The Truth, New York, New York, Carroll & Graf Publishers, Inc., 1993. Livingstone is an author and long time researcher in the JFK assassination. Summary: Documents evidence falsified, planted, tampered with, and just plain made-up to bolster the cover up. Documents FBI, CIA, Texas oil men, Warren Commission members, Secret Service Military Intelligence, Dallas Police, organized crime, Richard Nixon, and Lyndon Johnson involvement in the conspiracy to assassinate JFK and its subsequent cover up. FBI and CIA roles to this day involve strategically placing their own agents in roles posing as independent investigators of the JFK assassination to confuse, muddle and sabotage the investigation by squandering the investigation's limited resources of precious time and money, as well as by doing harm to the reputations of all the other legitimate investigators. Documents recent involvement of the American Medical Association and The Journal of the American Medical Association in the continuing cover up. The Journal of the American Medical Association recently published fraudulent articles in an attempt to bolster the discredited conclusions of the Warren Commission.
[...to be continued...]
I encourage distribution of "Conspiracy Nation."
Coming to you from Illinois -- "The Land of Skolnick"